Back to School and Beginning of After School Practice
Reminder that after school practice will begin Wednesday, Aug 27.
To ease the transition from Football practice to Band, starting Sept 15, Monday practices will now be 6p-8:30p
Wednesday practices are 3:30p-6p
Thursday practices are 3:20p-5:30p (Thursday practices are only through September. Any additional Thursday practices will be announced)
Pick up will be at the Stadium after practices
Reminder: The time the rehearsal ends IS NOT the time students leave. Please allow at least 15 minutes to pack up, debrief, or do one last crucial rep of what we were working on.
Friday Sept 19 vs West High School
Monday Sept 22 11am-8pm Dine Out Fundraiser at Panda Express
417 N. Pacific Coast Hwy (at Carnelian)
be sure to present the flyer for the band to get credit
(download from the Fundraising, Dining Out page)
Saturday Sept 27 Group Photo, Rehease-a-thon and our First Competition at West High School
RUHS Band & Dance Guard 2014-2015 Student Registration is now open.
Please click here to register.
Dear RUHS Band and Dance Guard Member and Parent,
Welcome to an exciting new year! Here are some important dates...
Rehearse-a-thon Sept 27 9am-1pm (mandatory) - come prepared to march.
Please do the following required items as soon as possible:
1. Register your Band or Dance Guard member on the www.ruhsbandboosters.org website - so we can get you on our email list for notifications (link below)
2. Make an appointment with your Band or Dance Guard member's physician - need to schedule a physical for Athletic clearance
3. The process for registering for athletic clearance and transportation has gone paperless. Now parents can submit clearances and pay fees from anywhere.
There have been a few changes to the process. Due to the unique needs of each program, as well as the varying size of athletic programs each season, transportation contributions are now based on semester/seasonal activities as opposed to year-long programs. Medical clearances (physicals) are valid for 1 calendar year and should be updated on an annual basis.
Step 1: Click on the link below
Step 2: Click “REGISTRATION”
Step 3: Click the Tab “Create an Account”
4. Sign up for volunteer opportunities like Car Washes, Symphony Concessions - helps offset the cost of Band and Dance Guard fees (signup sheets in the Band room)
Websites you should definitely frequent/visit
1. The Band Boosters Website http://www.ruhsbandboosters.org/2. Join the Parent's Facebook group - RUHS Band and Dance Guard Boosters and Friends
3. Have your Band or Dance Guard member join the Student's Facebook group - RUHS Band and Dance Guard