RUHS Band & Dance Guard 2014-2015 Student Registration is now open.
Please click here to register.
Dear RUHS Band and Dance Guard Member and Parent,
Welcome to an exciting new year! Here are some important dates...
Fall Parent Meeting # 1, Aug 11 7-9pm, in Band Room (please attend Aug 11 or Aug 23)
Music Band camp July 23-24, July30-31 1-5pm (highly recommended) - come prepared same as June Band camp
Music/Marching Band camp Aug 11-15, 18-22 1-9pm (mandatory) - these are very long days of practice. be sure to eat lunch before you arrive, bring pencil with working eraser, lots of snacks and water, bring your own dinner or money to buy dinner, be sure to bring comfortable clothes to march in as well as layers as it will get cold in the evening hours. sweaters, sweatshirt, jackets, scarves, etc. recommended.
Rehearse-a-thon Aug 23, 9am-6pm (mandatory) - come prepared to march all day
Fall Parent Meeting # 2,3-5pm, in Band Room (please attend Aug 11 or Aug 23)
5pm Family Field Show Presentation6pm Family BBQ to follow
Rehearse-a-thon Sept 13, Sept 27 9am-1pm (mandatory) - come prepared to march.
Please do the following required items as soon as possible:
1. Register your Band or Dance Guard member on the www.ruhsbandboosters.org website - so we can get you on our email list for notifications (link below)
2. Make an appointment with your Band or Dance Guard member's physician - need to schedule a physical for Athletic clearance
3. The process for registering for athletic clearance and transportation has gone paperless. Now parents can submit clearances and pay fees from anywhere.
There have been a few changes to the process. Due to the unique needs of each program, as well as the varying size of athletic programs each season, transportation contributions are now based on semester/seasonal activities as opposed to year-long programs. Medical clearances (physicals) are valid for 1 calendar year and should be updated on an annual basis.
Step 1: Click on the link below
Step 2: Click “REGISTRATION”
Step 3: Click the Tab “Create an Account”
4. Sign up for volunteer opportunities like Car Washes, Symphony Concessions - helps offset the cost of Band and Dance Guard fees (signup sheets in the Band room)
Websites you should definitely frequent/visit
1. The Band Boosters Website http://www.ruhsbandboosters.org/2. Join the Parent's Facebook group - RUHS Band and Dance Guard Boosters and Friends
3. Have your Band or Dance Guard member join the Student's Facebook group - RUHS Band and Dance Guard