SCHEDULE for Week of March 23rd to March 29th:
MON: Zero Period WIND ENSEMBLE ONLY in the band room.
Leadership meeting moved to Thursday.
VERY IMPORTANT: Winter Guard make sure you are here Zero and 1st period Monday as adjustments will be made to your uniform. Tomorrow is the only day my sister can come and do this.
TUE: NO ZERO PERIOD, Wind Ensemble 3:00 pm to 5:15pm.
WED: Zero Period FOR WIND ENSEMBLE ONLY
Wind Ensemble Festival at Santiago HS. (More info at bottom)
THUR: NO ZERO PERIOD, no Wind Ensemble practice after school. Leadership meeting from 3:00-4:30
FRI: Zero Period for Concert Band resumes. Winter DrumLine and Winter Guard will be taking their yearbook picture.
March 25th Santiago High School, 1395 E Foothill Pkwy, Corona, CA 92881
2:15 pm Depart Redondo
4:45 pm (if no traffic will arrive a lot sooner) arrive at Santiago HS
5:00 pm Dinner
5:30 pm Wind Ensemble Warm Up
6:00 pm Wind Ensemble Performance
6:30 pm Wind Ensemble Sight Reading
7:15 pm Depart Corona
9:00 pm Arrive Redondo
Competition on Saturday 3/28 at Westminster High School: 14325 Goldenwest St, Westminster, CA 92683
7:30 am Call Time (TRUCK SHOULD BE LOADED DAY BEFORE)
8:00 am Depart Redondo (BY BUS)
9:00 am Arrive at Westminster
9:15 am Warm Up
10:00 am Snack/Break
11:25 am Performance
11:45 am Depart for Redondo
12:30 pm Arrive at Redondo (Planning on having DrumLine back in time to perform at Jazz Festival)
Jazz Band Festival Saturday 3/28:
We need volunteers to help with this event. It will be from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Sadie's will be in the evening. Please support our Dance Guard on this event.
Ad Book Information:
Selling Ad books is extremely beneficial to paying off fees and helping support our band/guard program. Here are the attachments that pertain to the ad books (they are attached below)If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
RUHS Band & Dance Guard 2014-2015 Student Registration is now open.
Please click here to register.
Dear RUHS Band and Dance Guard Member and Parent,
Welcome to an exciting new year! Here are some important dates...
Rehearse-a-thon Sept 27 9am-1pm (mandatory) - come prepared to march.
Please do the following required items as soon as possible:
1. Register your Band or Dance Guard member on the www.ruhsbandboosters.org website - so we can get you on our email list for notifications (link below)
2. Make an appointment with your Band or Dance Guard member's physician - need to schedule a physical for Athletic clearance
3. The process for registering for athletic clearance and transportation has gone paperless. Now parents can submit clearances and pay fees from anywhere.
There have been a few changes to the process. Due to the unique needs of each program, as well as the varying size of athletic programs each season, transportation contributions are now based on semester/seasonal activities as opposed to year-long programs. Medical clearances (physicals) are valid for 1 calendar year and should be updated on an annual basis.
Step 1: Click on the link below
Step 2: Click “REGISTRATION”
Step 3: Click the Tab “Create an Account”
4. Sign up for volunteer opportunities like Car Washes, Symphony Concessions - helps offset the cost of Band and Dance Guard fees (signup sheets in the Band room)
Websites you should definitely frequent/visit
1. The Band Boosters Website http://www.ruhsbandboosters.org/2. Join the Parent's Facebook group - RUHS Band and Dance Guard Boosters and Friends
3. Have your Band or Dance Guard member join the Student's Facebook group - RUHS Band and Dance Guard
RUHS Jazz Festival - Saturday, March 28